You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

serial number n/a recovery mode on itunes

My iPhone 7 Plus got stuck in recovery mode, where the iTunes logo pops up: so I do the process to fix it. Problems are, when I press update, my serial number for my iPhone disappears. Nothing loads for an hour or moves. It’s stuck on “verifying updated iPhone software.” I’ve done it multiple times for two days, still nothings been happening. Please help! I can’t even restore it, as much as I want to at this point.

Posted on Apr 8, 2019 7:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2019 9:58 AM

Hello, ionilirio!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're having trouble restoring your iPhone 7 Plus. I'm happy to provide next steps.

The first things that you want to try in your situation are listed in order here: If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

It sounds like the iOS software downloads successfully, but is stuck during the verification process. This could be caused by step 5 in the article above.

I hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 10, 2019 9:58 AM in response to ionilirio

Hello, ionilirio!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're having trouble restoring your iPhone 7 Plus. I'm happy to provide next steps.

The first things that you want to try in your situation are listed in order here: If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

It sounds like the iOS software downloads successfully, but is stuck during the verification process. This could be caused by step 5 in the article above.

I hope this helps!

serial number n/a recovery mode on itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.