Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't send texts to Android phones

Hi Community,

For some reason on my iPad Pro everytime I send a text to a person that has an Android device I get the red exclamation mark. The text is green not blue but it just doesn't go through. I can send a text via my iPhone and MacBook Pro no problem, just not my iPad.

I have gone through all the settings on these urls

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204065

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT203032

But I haven't been able to resolve it. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and if they were able to resolve it?

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 9, 2019 8:30 AM

Similar questions

13 replies

Apr 11, 2019 4:41 AM in response to Brandon Krieger

The fact you can recieve on iPad from an iphone/ipad means imessage is working. The text forwarding is the issue presently. Do you always receive a prompt saying the message didn't go through for all phone numbers or is this going to a person who was a previous iphone user? In which case you should inform them of this.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204270

Do reattempts to send the message fail on the iPad? do the failed text messages occur on the phone as well?

Apr 11, 2019 3:15 AM in response to Brandon Krieger

Dumb questions I know but,

Are you running the latest version of iOS?

Is the iPhone setup to do text message forwarding along with the iPad?

Does the phone have service?

Also have you tried reinitiating the both sides ensuring you are sending and receiving under a phone number and not a email address. Disconnecting and reconnecting the IPad would probably be the best approach to start.

Apr 11, 2019 3:32 AM in response to Xarcabard

no dumb questions

Yes I am running the latest version of the iOS on my iPad and iPhone.

Yes my iPhone is setup to do text forwarding along with the iPad.

Yes my iPhone has service and tested on WiFi as well

Yes I tried reinitiating the both sides. I am receiving via my cell number not my Apple ID. I can receive on my iPad if it's a text from an iPhone and I can text an iPhone users from my iPad, for some reason it's just Android devices.

I have disconnected, reconnected, restarted the network under settings and I reloaded my iPad. I tried from a fresh install and just the basic settings to see if that was the issue. Also, I tried again after reloading everything.

Apr 11, 2019 7:06 AM in response to Xarcabard

If I text an Android smartphone from my iPad the text is a green bubble and yes the red escalation mark comes right away. If I text a iPhone no issues.

That URL doesn't seem to relate because I can receive text messages from iPhones, I can't receive it from Android devices and only on iPad. I receive them on my iPhone no problem.

Yes reattempts fail to send on the iPad only to the Android numbers. No I have no issues sending to Android devices from my iPhone or MacBook Pro. Also I confirmed all the settings from the articles I posted above with all the devices.

iPhone won't send texts to Android phones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.