Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xcode won't update / detect its uninstalled.

After updating to 10,14.4 I tried to update Xcode, but it was sitting at 50% for over a day and causing the computer to be sluggish, so reset and trie again, still not luck, so uninstalled xcode to try a fresh install, but now the App Store won't recognize that Xcode is no longer installed. It keeps giving an "Update" prompt, but when I click on it the update immediately fails (as Xcode is not longer installed) and it returns to the update prompt. I have reset, shut down, restarted, logged out of my user on App Store, all to try and get it to recognize it needs to do a fresh install not an update, but no dice. What should I do to get App Store to recognize Xcode has been uninstalled?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 9, 2019 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2019 1:47 PM

Well I finally found the way to download the xib - you have to go to the "see other versions" link first then navigate to it - just clicking on the download button without doing that first keeps redirecting to the App Store application instead. One I downloaded the xib, installed it, opened it and let it finish downloading it's related components, reset the computer, opened the App Store, and navigated around it in a bit, then it finally recognized it was not longer installed. I could then uninstall the version from the xib and install the version from the App Store and am finally in a good state. Ugh, way too much runaround considering all three pieces of software are made by apple and running on an apple laptop.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2019 1:47 PM in response to justin from san carlos

Well I finally found the way to download the xib - you have to go to the "see other versions" link first then navigate to it - just clicking on the download button without doing that first keeps redirecting to the App Store application instead. One I downloaded the xib, installed it, opened it and let it finish downloading it's related components, reset the computer, opened the App Store, and navigated around it in a bit, then it finally recognized it was not longer installed. I could then uninstall the version from the xib and install the version from the App Store and am finally in a good state. Ugh, way too much runaround considering all three pieces of software are made by apple and running on an apple laptop.

Xcode won't update / detect its uninstalled.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.