Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari doesn't remember clicked links.

I've been having a problem lately where my Safari 12 browser won't change the colour of links I've already clicked. Normally a link turns purple after you've visited it, but now all the links remain blue and I can't tell where I've already been. I've researched this subject and can't seem to find any advice more recent than 5 years ago. So far I've tried:

-Clearing the cache. This turns the clicked links purple briefly, but clicking another link and then going back makes them all blue again.

-Restarting Safari and the whole computer. This does nothing.

-Creating a CSS style sheet and manually changing the clicked link colour. This does nothing.

Does anyone have any other advice? This is really annoying.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 9, 2019 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2019 10:35 AM

Yes I am experiencing this as well. It is random and there is no solution. I turned off VPN, researched, closed reopened, which sometimes works, but then as soon as I click back they are all gone, all the work gone. I also posted here as well screen shots of the proof that this is happening.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2019 10:35 AM in response to Chonnies

Yes I am experiencing this as well. It is random and there is no solution. I turned off VPN, researched, closed reopened, which sometimes works, but then as soon as I click back they are all gone, all the work gone. I also posted here as well screen shots of the proof that this is happening.

Safari doesn't remember clicked links.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.