Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If your AirPods case is flashing green

I've scoured the interwebs, can't find any solution to this problem. Only my right airpod works. Case and AirPods are charged. My AirPod case seems to show that it recognizes when I put my left AirPod in and out, because it will begin blinking amber when I put it in by itself, and stop blinking amber when I take it out. It even shows the correct animation (2 AirPods in case) when pairing, but when choosing AirPods for the music output, it only shows that I have one (right) airpod. No matter what I try, I cannot get my left airpod to fully sync.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 9, 2019 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2019 12:22 AM

Same for me. I’ve had my 2nd gen AirPods for 2 months and today they stopped working. I accidentally unpaired my AirPods so I went to pair them back but the animation that pops up on your phone when you flip the lid open didn’t show up so I looked at the led light and it was flashing green with both air pods in the case so I press the reset button down for 15 secs and it stayed solid white, no amber. My AirPods won’t reset!! My phone is up to date, the case and AirPods are fully charged, I cleaned the AirPods and case but I have a flashing green light still when I pop my case open wth? I don’t understand how they have answers for every color led light but not for “flashing green light”! $170 down the drain

Similar questions

55 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2019 12:22 AM in response to The_Dawg

Same for me. I’ve had my 2nd gen AirPods for 2 months and today they stopped working. I accidentally unpaired my AirPods so I went to pair them back but the animation that pops up on your phone when you flip the lid open didn’t show up so I looked at the led light and it was flashing green with both air pods in the case so I press the reset button down for 15 secs and it stayed solid white, no amber. My AirPods won’t reset!! My phone is up to date, the case and AirPods are fully charged, I cleaned the AirPods and case but I have a flashing green light still when I pop my case open wth? I don’t understand how they have answers for every color led light but not for “flashing green light”! $170 down the drain

Apr 11, 2019 2:22 PM in response to MrTSolar

Thank you for replying! Problem is, when I hold the pairing button, the case never goes from flashing white to amber and back to flashing white.

I had AirPods unpaired ("forget this device") with my iphone. Then both AirPods are in the case (at 100% and case is over 50%). I open the airpod case and it flashes green. I hold down the pairing button and it goes to flashing white. Even after one minute plus of holding the pairing button down, it never goes to amber, it just keeps flashing white. Every time I then close the case and open it, the correct image of my case with two AirPods in it is showing, I click connect, and then choose AirPods when playing music and it is only the right airpod playing music. 😫

Apr 11, 2019 8:15 AM in response to The_Dawg

Go into Settings on your phone and iPad, go to Bluetooth, and unpair the AirPods. Then open the case and hold the pairing button on the back until the white flashing light flashes amber a few times and goes back to flashing white. Release the button and close the case. Then, open the case near your iPhone and pair the AirPods.

This process will re-pair both AirPods with the charging case and resets their settings. Both AirPods should work after this.

May 23, 2019 4:09 PM in response to The_Dawg

I have the exact same thing going on!

I used mine both at the same time and noticed that the right AirPod had a low battery. So, I proceeded to charge my right Pod and just use my left. Since then, the right Pod never connects and whenever I put the right Pod in the case it flashes green. I contacted Apple Support, they had me set up a Genius Bar appointment. I went to Apple and they just ordered me a replacement right Pod. It's been 4 days and they haven't gotten back to me yet. Hopefully it won't take long. It has been very annoying not having AirPods for days.

Jun 25, 2019 9:14 AM in response to The_Dawg

I had an issue where my right airpod stopped working in the middle of a run. I tired to charge it and the green light on the case kept blinking green. When I placed the working left airpod in the case without the right one the light was a normal solid green. I tried to reset the airpods to factory settings but surprise surprise it fixed nothing. Then I went looking for help and everyone tried to tell me to reset the airpods. Even though that was the first thing I tried, I reset them several more times. The light on the case went from a blinking green to a solid white and I couldn't even get any device to recognize the airpods after that. I took it in to the Genius Bar and was basically told it was defective hardware. They replaced my right airpod right away and now everything works again. There's no quick fix without heading to the Genius Bar for replacement. Hope this helps anyone else looking for a fix to the blinking green light.

Jun 26, 2019 12:03 AM in response to gbeitchman

All of this literally happened to me and the funny thing is that for short burst of time they did connect to my iPhone but the minute they are I the case connection never occurrs again I don’t know if it’s the case or the actual AirPod anymore I think i’m gonna he the AirPod replaced and i’m gonna buy a new case. Personally I think the second generation are more trouble some than the first generation and that’s shameful, what’s up apple ive never have had a problem with any of your product what happened here

If your AirPods case is flashing green

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.