Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to deregister an old phone number that is still listed in my iMessage in place of my actual (current) phone number?

I have followed the instructions the best I can for deregistering an iMessage phone number. But can I do if I no longer have my old SIM card and my previous phone number's country is not listed for deregistering using a code?...then how do I deregister the number from iMessage? I am stuck now in another country, trying to use iMessage on my iPhone, but cannot because it keeps trying to register iMessage with an old number from another country rather than my current phone number/SIM.

Thanks!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 10, 2019 3:54 AM

2 replies

Apr 10, 2019 2:04 PM in response to SravanKrA

Ah, thanks for the clarification. The problem I am facing is that my iMessage is trying to activate a foreign number SIM I had only briefly but no longer have access to. I cannot get it to change to my current SIM number. The other settings on my phone all show my number as being my correct, current number. It is only in FaceTime and iMessage that it shows the foreign number trying to activate. How can I remove the old number? It’s is a glitch. It will not use my correct number for activation. I have tried methods I have seen online...signing out of FaceTime and iMessage and then back in, changing sim, etc but nothing has worked.

Thanks in advance

How to deregister an old phone number that is still listed in my iMessage in place of my actual (current) phone number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.