Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you add Apple Music radio stations to the Apple Watch?

if you subscribe to Apple Music can you upload radio stations/channels to the Apple Watch 3 for offline listening without having the iPhone.

I have several playlists loaded on my watch, just want to know if we can do the same with radio stations.

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 10, 2019 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2019 9:23 AM

Hi mgmm1,

Thanks for reaching back out for clarification. You're correct; while you're not able to download stations to your Apple Watch, as long as you're connected to Wi-Fi or Cellular Data (Apple Watch Cellular models only) then you should be able to use Radio on your Apple Watch without your paired iPhone. For more information on the features you can use on your watch without your iPhone, check out this link: How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby

Best Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2019 9:23 AM in response to mgmm1

Hi mgmm1,

Thanks for reaching back out for clarification. You're correct; while you're not able to download stations to your Apple Watch, as long as you're connected to Wi-Fi or Cellular Data (Apple Watch Cellular models only) then you should be able to use Radio on your Apple Watch without your paired iPhone. For more information on the features you can use on your watch without your iPhone, check out this link: How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby

Best Regards.

Apr 12, 2019 6:41 AM in response to mgmm1

Hi mgmm1,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you'd like to know if you can listen to Apple Music Radio on your Apple Watch Series 3 when you don't have your iPhone. I know how convenient it is to have your music on-the-go; I'd like to help. While it's not possible to download Radio stations or channels to listen to offline, you can use this resource to see how to use Radio on your Apple Watch when you're connected to Wi-Fi, cellular data, or with your paired iPhone: Listen to Radio in Apple Music

Best Regards.

Apr 12, 2019 8:05 AM in response to chris_g1

Thanks, Chris. So, if I understand correctly, the information, from the link you provided, means I would be able to listen to Apple Music directly from my Apple Watch Series 3 without having my iPhone with me (even though I cannot download stations to it)?

• On your Apple Watch Series 3 or later: Open the Radio app . If this means I can listen to Apple Music without my iPhone with me (such as when working out) then its answers my question.

Can you add Apple Music radio stations to the Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.