Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) Freezing and Beach Balling Out of Nowhere!

Desperately looking to fix my iMac without taking it in for repairs or formatting the entire computer and reinstalling everything.

It just started freezing and beachballing randomly.

I have tried everything i can think of but I’m stuck and i need your help!

As title states I have an

iMac 2015. 

• macOS - Mojave Version 10.14.4
  • 40gb of memory (ram)
  • storage 528 GB availbale of 1.8TB

THANK YOU to anyone who takes the time to help me out.

here is the ETR

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 10, 2019 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2019 9:17 PM

Restart in Safe Mode per the directions in Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support then restart normally and retest.

However, I see no evidence of a backup on this computer. If this is correct this is a MAJOR issue and a guarantee you will lose date. At the very very least you should be using Time Machine to backup. If you are not familiar with Time Machine please read Mac Basics Time Machine

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2019 9:17 PM in response to Arashadi

Restart in Safe Mode per the directions in Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support then restart normally and retest.

However, I see no evidence of a backup on this computer. If this is correct this is a MAJOR issue and a guarantee you will lose date. At the very very least you should be using Time Machine to backup. If you are not familiar with Time Machine please read Mac Basics Time Machine

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) Freezing and Beach Balling Out of Nowhere!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.