Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Freezes

My iMac is now frequently freezing up....beachball syndrome! It seems to perform much better when I clear the cache, shut down and reboot. I backed up the cache and restarted the machine. It works fine. Is this something that can be done regularly? I've had a diagnostic run at the local Apple store and this is what the technician did to address the problem. There were no hardware issues found by the Apple technician in his diagnostic

Posted on Aug 2, 2019 6:48 AM

4 replies

Aug 2, 2019 11:03 AM in response to marcfromsringfield

Please navigate to the Mac App Store and download the free version of EtreCheck OR please click www.EtreCheck.com where you will find the app. Once you downloaded the free app and created the report please post it as your reply to this message. In order to post it, please use the following link for more detailed instructions on how to correctly include the results: 

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

We can then look for obvious issues that may be causing your problem.

System Freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.