Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my account have the wrong location?

My account keeps saying I'm signing in near Providence RI - and I'm pretty far from there. In New England, but not "near Providence." And I keep getting messages that someone is trying to sign in in Denver. What's up with that?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 11, 2019 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2019 10:26 AM

If this is an e-mail you received, or a popup on the screen,  about the time you were actually logging in, there is probably nothing to worry about. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error.

If that isn't the case, the e-mail may be a scam, especially if there is a link for you to click. If your question isn't answered, please provide more information.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2019 10:26 AM in response to csimms413

If this is an e-mail you received, or a popup on the screen,  about the time you were actually logging in, there is probably nothing to worry about. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error.

If that isn't the case, the e-mail may be a scam, especially if there is a link for you to click. If your question isn't answered, please provide more information.

Why does my account have the wrong location?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.