Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID is being used in an incorrect location

When signing in with my Apple ID, I get messages that this is happening in a location on the other side of the country where I've never even been before. It's unnerving from a security/privacy standpoint. Does anyone have an explanation? A remedy? Thanks in advance for your input!

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2018 1:54 PM

If this is an e-mail you received, or a popup on the screen,  about the time you were actually logging in, there is probably nothing to worry about. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error.

3 replies

Dec 7, 2018 2:34 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric I was thinking that might be the case. And yes, it's every time I log in, exactly at that time. I checked my Apple account to see which devices were logged in and found only my own. The location noted in the message is about 2,000 miles away though, previous such pop-up messages were 20 miles away. So this is still a curious location.

My Apple ID is being used in an incorrect location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.