Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow to answer calls

iPhone Xs on iOS 12.2 has a short delay, 2-3 seconds when answering a call. I.E. after sliding the button to answer the call it takes 2-3 seconds for the call alert to quit sounding/vibrating and audio is also delayed by the same amount. I have gone through everything including DFU restore and there has been no change.

Granted it seems to be a minor bug to some but have never had this issue with any iPhone until now.

Help?

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 11, 2019 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2019 12:08 PM

Follow up. After updating all the way to 12.3.1 with no change, I finally called  support. The fix was to start over and reset up the phone as a new device and not restoring from a backup. Something in the backup caused the issue.

Color this issue fixed.

2 replies

Slow to answer calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.