Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to receive SOME text messages.

I am suddenly unable to receive text messages from certain phones. I receive text messages from these two people sometimes but miss half of the messages. It’s the people I text the most. One has an iPhone with iMessage not activated and one has a simple old phone. No one else has problems receiving messages from them and I receive messages from everyone else. This started two days. I’ve tried turning off iMessage and they are still hit or miss. I’ve rebooted my phone. Using IOS 12.2

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 13, 2019 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2019 9:27 AM

Hello,

See if this link has any useful tips:

If you can‘t send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Good luck.

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 13, 2019 9:32 AM in response to Coldrivercanoe

If the people you are having issues receiving messages from are using SMS, you may need to contact your carrier about your account. These people would be sending your SMS messages, and those are controlled by the carrier, not the iPhone. The individual with the iPhone that has iMessage turned off may also wish to check to make sure that their device is not attempting to use iMessage with you and corrupting the connection between the two of you and could be trying to switch back and forth between that, causing you to miss some of their messages because they aren't really sending.

Unable to receive SOME text messages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.