Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you remove the brave browser

Brave froze up on me. I can pull up the brave app and see my tabs on top but I can't click on anything, do clear history , type in the search bar etc. I tried quitting the app in the dock below but it won't close. I tried to shut down the computer but it wouldn't & didn't say way. But I think cause Brave is still open. How do I fix this OR do I need to uninstall the whole app from my computer. HOW do I do that and make sure it is out of my system. I may try and re install it later. Very frustrating. Thanks.

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 14, 2019 5:25 PM

6 replies

Apr 14, 2019 5:43 PM in response to mmbak

THere is also...

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Caches/BraveSoftware

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Caches/com.brave.Browser

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Saved Application State/com.brave.Browser.savedState

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.brave.Browser.plist

Apr 14, 2019 6:00 PM in response to mmbak

do I have to move it from the Applications folder?

Yes.

Apple hid the Users' Library folders...

Method 1:

1 From the Finder, select the Go menu at top of the screen, and choose Go to Folder.

2 In the window that opens, enter ~/Library, and click Go.

Method 2:

1 Go to the Finder (or desktop).

2 Hold the Option key on your keyboard, and click the Go menu at the top of the screen.

3 With the Go menu open, you'll notice that pressing and releasing Option will display or hide the Library choice in this menu.

4 Select Library from the Go menu (while holding down Option) to access the hidden folder.

how do you remove the brave browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.