Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone use Brave Browser? I can't find it in Safari Extensions. Is it Free? Does it track you?

Does anyone have any suggestions, pro and con regarding Brave Browser? Also, is it possible to uninstall Duck-Duck Go. I am using MacBook Air 2012 (late).

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 6:01 PM

5 replies

Mar 31, 2022 6:08 PM in response to glogirl1

Brave is a separate app available for download.

The Brave leadership’s past administrative decisions have disinclined me from ever using that browser. Others will have other decisions and preferences, there.

DuckDuckGo is a search engine that can be selected in Safari as part of the default installation, and DuckDuckGo also has some extensions available. The former cannot be removed. The latter… can, but how depends on what was installed. Not entirely sure what you’re seeking to remove, there.

Mar 31, 2022 6:16 PM in response to MrHoffman

The whole thing! Duck-Duck-Go has decided to join the cancel club. (you know for 'safety' reasons) I did enable the extensions, not realizing what it all consisted of, but at the time, duck-duck-go was a good browser. Some people recommend Brave, but I feel I should uninstall the DuckDuckGo before I try Brave.

I may have to take it to the Apple store, or Best Buy (they now repair Apple products) and have it uninstalled?

Mar 31, 2022 7:24 PM in response to glogirl1

Do not, under any circumstances, set foot inside a Best Buy, ever.

You can leave DDG where it is. It does absolutely nothing if you are not using it. You're still free to use whatever search engine meets your needs.

And if you should ever find yourself inexplicably within the confines of a Best Buy, seek and proceed directly to the nearest exit.

Does anyone use Brave Browser? I can't find it in Safari Extensions. Is it Free? Does it track you?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.