Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No longer have access to my phone number that is used for two factor authentication. How to find other ways to aunthenticate that it is my appleid?

Hi there,

I need help with signing in to an old appleid of mine. I need to sign in because there are important synced docs in the icloud that i need to retrieve. Fortunately, I remember my appleid and password as I had it written down. But I had to go through a two factor aunthentication that sends a message with an authentication code to an old number of mine that I no longer use and is inactive due to it being a prepaid number. My question is how do I go about other ways that i can be authenticated as the account owner because I desperately need to access it.

Posted on Apr 14, 2019 11:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2019 2:59 AM

Thank you for helping,

But the solution you gave me was the very first step I tried to take to resolve this issue. However like I said I lost access to the mobile phone number that was registered to be used as a two factor authentification. My question is how do I go on to gain access to my appleid id by other methods of authenticating myself. I debating should I call customer support.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2019 2:59 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for helping,

But the solution you gave me was the very first step I tried to take to resolve this issue. However like I said I lost access to the mobile phone number that was registered to be used as a two factor authentification. My question is how do I go on to gain access to my appleid id by other methods of authenticating myself. I debating should I call customer support.

Apr 22, 2019 5:15 AM in response to robynalexson

If you can't get a code, you need to initiate account recovery as posted earlier. The Recovery Process is an automated process and length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery

Apr 22, 2019 3:09 AM in response to miskeecare

Thank you for your help,

I have access to both my appleid as well as my password. My problem is the two factor authentification, whereas the number they sent the verification code is no longer active and unusable therefore I can't bypass it. I tried to recover my account however the after authenticating my appleid, they asked for the registered number, as I've mentioned I no longer have access to the number nor did I kept a record of it. My question is how else do I go about trying to gain access to the account? Will be trying to call customer support if all else fails.

No longer have access to my phone number that is used for two factor authentication. How to find other ways to aunthenticate that it is my appleid?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.