Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My eMails are blocked because my IP is on a Spamhaus PBL listing. How do I get it removed?

My eMails are blocked because my IP is on a Spamhaus PBL listing. I cannot send or receive email UNLESS I use a VPN to generate a different IP. Spamhaus suggests that I "Turn on SMTP Authentification" in Apple Mail but it's not clear to me how this can be done. My web server suggests that I use a VPN. I have tried and this does work. How can I get Mail to work without recourse to a VPN? (My @icloud and@gmail are not affected.)

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 15, 2019 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2019 10:12 AM

I ran into this once with emails going to Germany and I contacted them and my ISP. They suggested that I reset my modem/router as a new IP address would automatically be generated. I did that (unplug for 30 seconds, plug back in, wait until all the lights are done flashing and on). That worked, no more rejections.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2019 10:12 AM in response to zebadee

I ran into this once with emails going to Germany and I contacted them and my ISP. They suggested that I reset my modem/router as a new IP address would automatically be generated. I did that (unplug for 30 seconds, plug back in, wait until all the lights are done flashing and on). That worked, no more rejections.

Apr 15, 2019 10:17 AM in response to zebadee

You can contact your ISP/mail host to give them a heads up.

Typically these blocks get resolved on there own within a few days.

Spamhause block list incorporate ISP numbers in h̵u̵g̵e̵ large blocks of IP addresses not necessarily you in particular.

You can also submit your IP address here—in an effort to expedite the removal

Blocklist Removal Center—https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/

My eMails are blocked because my IP is on a Spamhaus PBL listing. How do I get it removed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.