Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting photos on iPhone

If I delete photos on my phone, they also delete on my Mac. how do I keep them on the Mac but delete them on my phone

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 16, 2019 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2019 1:01 PM

To keep photos on your iPhone without automatically having them on your Mac, you would have to turn off My Photo Stream in Settings > Photos ...

My Photo Stream - Apple Support

... and not use iCloud Photos

About iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream - Apple Support

The photos in question should then reside in your Camera Roll album.

You may move them to your Mac when you're ready ...

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Consider attending a free "Today at Apple" session at a nearby Apple Store to learn more about your iPhone and Mac's features.

Today at Apple - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2019 1:01 PM in response to Catnja

To keep photos on your iPhone without automatically having them on your Mac, you would have to turn off My Photo Stream in Settings > Photos ...

My Photo Stream - Apple Support

... and not use iCloud Photos

About iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream - Apple Support

The photos in question should then reside in your Camera Roll album.

You may move them to your Mac when you're ready ...

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Consider attending a free "Today at Apple" session at a nearby Apple Store to learn more about your iPhone and Mac's features.

Today at Apple - Apple

deleting photos on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.