Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV won’t work with ATT AIRTIES extender

My Apple TV (latest generation) connects with no problem to my AT&T (U-verse type modem) via Wifi. When I add my AIRTIES AT&T Smart Wi-Fi Extender, which uses same network name and password (like most mesh network extenders) all my other iOS devices work perfectly, including iPads iPhones etc.

But while my Apple TV shows that it is still connected to the network, it won’t function, as if there’s just zero speed or it’s not really connecting. It shows that it’s connected but it won’t work. Now I’ve tried restarting Apple TV, I disconnected from the network and then reconnected again, re-entering the password again, I have the latest software update, I’ve done every possible thing on my end. Does anybody have any ideas?

Of course when I disconnect the extender it works perfectly. So it’s a matter of somehow it is not working through this extender or when this extender is connected and up and running

Posted on Apr 17, 2019 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2019 8:24 PM

I am having the exact same issue on my AppleTV and iPhone X since the new Airties Firmware. I called Apple after factory resetting everything and finally figured out it was the Airties. I’ve even tried the new router firmware which is a lot faster but Airties issue with my iPhone is a dealbreaker.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2019 8:24 PM in response to CANESX3

I am having the exact same issue on my AppleTV and iPhone X since the new Airties Firmware. I called Apple after factory resetting everything and finally figured out it was the Airties. I’ve even tried the new router firmware which is a lot faster but Airties issue with my iPhone is a dealbreaker.

May 2, 2019 8:52 PM in response to CANESX3

I need to get my hands on the AirTies Firmware 2.49.2.12.7084. That should solve my problem for now. If you can find that previous version, you can load it manually by going to http://air4920.local on your LAN. If you have multiple AirTies, you can find the IP address on home manger app or can add a -2, -3 after the local on the "http://air4920.local" url.

I've had FW issues since I've signed up. I am about ready to buy an Orbi. I really don't want to.

Apple TV won’t work with ATT AIRTIES extender

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.