Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod nano 7th Gen not connecting to iTunes

I bought an iPod from eBay that's cleared out, I've tried connecting it to my boyfriends MacBook but it doesn't recognize it. I have an iPod nano 5th Gen that connects fine but the 7th doesn't. I looked up solutions online, most of them consisting of restarting the iPod and the MacBook at the same time or updating iTunes, which I can't tell if it has the recent update or not but nothings working. Do I need to use another charger or can I connect it manually step by step? Anything helps xoxo

iPod nano (7th Gen)

Posted on Apr 17, 2019 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2019 8:15 PM

Hi  aleidajaelin629,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with iTunes not recognizing your iPod nano.

This article has some steps that can help and even has specific steps for the Mac: If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If you need information on how to force restart the nano, you can find it here: Learn how to force restart your iPod

Have a great day!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2019 8:15 PM in response to aleidajaelin629

Hi  aleidajaelin629,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with iTunes not recognizing your iPod nano.

This article has some steps that can help and even has specific steps for the Mac: If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If you need information on how to force restart the nano, you can find it here: Learn how to force restart your iPod

Have a great day!

May 17, 2019 8:22 PM in response to Sunny719

I tried restoring an older version first. This was not successful, and I ended up reinstalling directly. It seems that this current version does not support iPod, even though an iPod support package is offered. I did install it successfully, but the app still does not find an iPod installed.

I have tried all the other steps suggested in the support article, including changing cables.

This feels very much like lost compatibility.

May 6, 2019 6:49 PM in response to jtbrewer21

Me too. the what to do page is NOT helpful as none of it seems to work. My son's Ipod bought at the same time has no issues. I'm going to see if a new cable would help or maybe just borrow his. I'll let you know if that works. I'm wondering if there's a way to go to an earlier version of iTunes. My ipod connects UNTIL the iTunes error message comes up then it gets disconnected.

iPod nano 7th Gen not connecting to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.