Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone says I’m not connected to the internet while I am connected to WiFi when I attempt to install iOS 12.2, and Apple so kindly shut down my cellular data until I install the update... kind of counter intuitive

My phone says I’m not connected to the internet as I’m trying to install iOS 12.2 while on WiFi. Not only this, but Apple so kindly shut off my data until I get the update. Disconnect my internet so I can install a data using internet to get my internet back

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 17, 2019 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2019 6:09 AM

Hello elyon241,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities and asking for help with updating your device. I recommend trying the troubleshooting provided in the following help article:

Get help with over-the-air iOS updates - Apple Support

If you have gone through the entire article and still need help, it is recommended to try updating with iTunes:

"If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes."

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2019 6:09 AM in response to elyon241

Hello elyon241,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities and asking for help with updating your device. I recommend trying the troubleshooting provided in the following help article:

Get help with over-the-air iOS updates - Apple Support

If you have gone through the entire article and still need help, it is recommended to try updating with iTunes:

"If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes."

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

My phone says I’m not connected to the internet while I am connected to WiFi when I attempt to install iOS 12.2, and Apple so kindly shut down my cellular data until I install the update... kind of counter intuitive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.