Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The AirPlay device “Apple TV” cannot be selected for audio output. Please verify your network settings and AirPlay configuration or select another device.

Before Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226) I was able to run from iTunes Home Videos to Apple Tv all my personal movies

Since last update ... wow I get that message

Luckily from AirPlay I can connect to Computers - Home Videos and play from there all my personal movies which confirms me that everything related to network settings and AirPlay configuration it's correct configured.

well ... if anybody face this issue just let me know the solution

Posted on Apr 18, 2019 4:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2019 11:24 AM

When using the Computers app on Apple TV that is using home sharing, which is completely separate from airplay or mirroring.

What model Apple TV do you have?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Similar questions

17 replies

Jun 5, 2019 1:22 PM in response to vazandrew

A1469

and after the last update to 10.14.5 (18F132) the issue is still not solved

Current situation

I can run from iTunes the movie on MacBook screen

I can select the output sound to Apple TV

But I cant select the output of the image to TV ... I still get that stupid message

The AirPlay device “Apple TV” cannot be selected for audio output. Please verify your network settings and AirPlay configuration or select another device.

Jun 3, 2019 2:06 AM in response to xyzq123

I have this problem too with a Apple TV 2, iTunes Version 12.9.4.94 and Mojave 10.14.4 with a new Samsung TV. I can play to my TV with Apple TV using Quick Time player but not using iTunes. Sometimes with iTunes I do get the sound but no picture.

I have also invested a lot of money in stuff I can no longer play on my TV. Looking to use alternatives in the future.

Jun 15, 2019 12:00 PM in response to xyzq123

I have the same problem!! :( what I did was.... to change the sharing folder and play the movies from there.. and not iTunes!! & I can also open and play files from android devices ..

System preferences>Sharing> click File Sharing and create a folder to share into the network ... that's just a quick fix for now until they repair whatever the problem is they are having :)

Jun 30, 2019 12:03 PM in response to xyzq123

To get over the same problem which was really annoying, I re-installed the Mojave 10.14.3 OS. Took me hours but now I can air play my purchased movies via Air Play on Apple TV 2. So now I can see G.O.T season 8 on a big screen instead of the using the computer.

Couple of points, I had a boot disk of Mojave 10.14.3 and an up to date Time Machine back up. Tip when restoring from bootable disk do select Partition the main drive (prior to install new OS) and select the older volume not the APFS volume, otherwise you will end up where you where before with Mojave 10.14.5.

Really fed up with Apple no backward compatibility and no warnings of problems with Mojave updates. Needless to say I shall not be doing another update.

Good luck.

Jul 27, 2019 2:32 AM in response to xyzq123

I’m having the same error message when trying to watch anything from iTunes on my MacBook Air to my AppleTV 4th gen. I’ve turned settings off and back on, restarted everything, rechecked settings, and tried different networks. Nothing works. This is extremely frustrating. Why is there not a fix for this that actually works? Has anyone been able to find a way to watch purchased movies on the AppleTV airplayed from a Mac??

Jul 27, 2019 3:11 AM in response to nascar9

I don't have a solution nor does it seem anyone else. I am on Apple TV Gen2 and there seems no point upgrading to Gen4 if you experience the same problems. My only solution so far is to walk away from Apple and I now use Amazon Prime on my TV and watch iTunes stuff on my computer. Until Apple fixes this I will not spend a dime/penny with iTunes. In my opinion the only way to get any IT company to do anything is to stop supplying them with money. I may never return to iTunes for new stuff who knows.

Jul 27, 2019 3:39 AM in response to coopea00

The problem occurred after Mojave 10.14.3 and as far as I know you will have to go back and re-install the Mojave 10.14.3 OS. It will take some hours but you will be able to air play your purchased movies via Air Play on Apple TV 2.

Couple of points, I had a boot disk of Mojave 10.14.3 and an up to date Time Machine back up. Tip when restoring from bootable disk do select Partition the main drive (prior to install new OS) and select the OS X Extended Journaled volume, otherwise you will end up where you where before with Mojave 10.14.5.

Once 10.14.3 is installed, then migrate the last backup from Time machine.

This worked for me and I'm really pleased I can now Air Play all my movies.

I'm really fed up with Apple no backward compatibility and no warnings of problems with Mojave updates. Needless to say I shall not be doing another update.

Jul 27, 2019 3:52 AM in response to nascar9

The problem occurred after Mojave 10.14.3 and as far as I know you will have to go back and re-install the Mojave 10.14.3 OS. It will take some hours but you will be able to air play your purchased movies via Air Play on Apple TV 2.

Couple of points, I had a boot disk of Mojave 10.14.3 and an up to date Time Machine back up. Tip when restoring from bootable disk do select Partition the main drive (prior to install new OS) and select the OS X Extended Journaled volume, otherwise you will end up where you where before with Mojave 10.14.5.

Once 10.14.3 is installed, then migrate the last backup from Time machine.

This worked for me and I'm really pleased I can now Air Play all my movies.

Needless to say I shall not be doing another update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.