Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Allow Apple Watch to unlock Mac

Since the last WatchOS update (Apple Watch Series 4), I'm unable to unlock my iMac with the watch. It's worked great since I purchased my first Series 0 watch a few years back. Also, I upgraded to MacOS 10.14.4, the latest Mojave release at about the same time. I suppose either could be at fault.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'll also ask this question on the Mac side.

Posted on Apr 18, 2019 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2019 1:39 PM

If you have updated your iPhone with IOS 12.2 and your Watch to OS 5.2 and your trouble started after these updates, try resetting your Watch by pressing in the crown and side button until you see the Apple logo, then release both.

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 18, 2019 1:36 PM in response to julieda

Thanks for the response. I've done all the iMore steps in the past. It all worked fine until this past weekend.

Another new thing, the watch won't unlock when I open my phone (XR); the watch passcode is the only way I can get it to pair with the phone. I'm hopeful I won't have to lug the iMac to the Genius Bar.

Again, I appreciate the time you took to respond.

Allow Apple Watch to unlock Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.