Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot unlock Mac with Apple Watch since watchOS 9

Hi!

Since I installed watchOS 9 and MacOs Monterey 12.6, unlocking Mac wit Apple Watch is nearly impossible. I can do it if I deselect the option in the security preferences panel and then switch it on again, but the trick lasts for a few hours only. After a few hours, my Mac seems to ignore muy watch again. I see the message 'Unlocking with Apple Watch' and then it disappears and I have to introduce password to unlock.

Any fix for this?

Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 1:49 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Oct 5, 2022 4:44 AM in response to jfreyba

I felt like using MS Windows - Ctrl + Alt + Del, except I didn't have blue screen. After reboot all three devices involved in this feature: Mac, iPhone and Apple Watch it works.

– Mac: Click on the Apple logo, available on the top-left corner of the screen and select Restart…
– iPhone: Force restart your device.
– Apple Watch: Simultaneously press & hold the Digital Crown and the Side Button until the Apple logo is displayed on the screen.

Cannot unlock Mac with Apple Watch since watchOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.