Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does AppleCare+ for mac cover accidental spills?

my macbook air and I immediately turned the computer upside down to try and get it out and dabbed it with a paper towel. After it seemed dry I set my mac aside for about an hour or 2 and when I tried to check if it was fine the computer wouldn’t start up or respond to anything screen is just black keys not lighting up. Very upsetting as I just bought this computer February 27th of this year. (not even 2 months ago)

But I felt like there was some hope because I also purchased the AppleCare+ plan with the computer. But when I started looking on apple support it says the plan doesn’t protect against liquid damage. But when I read the terms and conditions of apple care plus it said; “ADH coverage only applies to an operational or mechanical failure caused by an accident from handling that is the result of an unexpected and unintentional external event (e.g. drops and damage caused by liquid contact from spills) that arises from your normal daily usage of the Covered Device as intended for such Covered Device.”

So now I’m scared that I’m not going to be covered by apple and I was hoping to hear from someone who may have already gone through this before or may know more about what I should do going forward.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 19, 2019 12:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2019 8:47 AM

What you should and need to do is to make an appointment at an Apple store to have the damage assessed. They will let you know if the damage is covered or not. Other users’ experiences or problems may not be exactly the same, so that is not helpful. You can start the process by clicking on the contact support in the upper right corner.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2019 8:47 AM in response to Macliquiddamage

What you should and need to do is to make an appointment at an Apple store to have the damage assessed. They will let you know if the damage is covered or not. Other users’ experiences or problems may not be exactly the same, so that is not helpful. You can start the process by clicking on the contact support in the upper right corner.

Does AppleCare+ for mac cover accidental spills?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.