Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate photos on laptop when imported from iPhone

I'm lost, I've got a iPhone 7 and when I connect it to my laptop to import my pics A lot of them show up as duplicates on the laptop but there not duplicates on the iPhone. If you hover the mouse over the pic you can see it's got the same info as the other and when you delete one you delete both. I don't know if this is a computer / iTunes problem or and iPhone issue. Please help,

Thanks

iPhone 7, 10

Posted on Apr 19, 2019 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2019 11:18 AM

If you have HDR enabled the phone will take several images in quick succession, then merge them to produce the best image. But they are still separate images, and if you download the photo all of the images will be downloaded. If you use iCloud for Windows to view them you will only see one, the combined image.

How are you importing them to Windows?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2019 11:18 AM in response to Slong1958

If you have HDR enabled the phone will take several images in quick succession, then merge them to produce the best image. But they are still separate images, and if you download the photo all of the images will be downloaded. If you use iCloud for Windows to view them you will only see one, the combined image.

How are you importing them to Windows?

Duplicate photos on laptop when imported from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.