Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail username and password error

Mail keeps logging me out of three of my email accounts (two Gmail and one Dreamhost).

When I restart, everything is fine for a short while, but after a while they disconnect.

I've gone into Accounts in Mail preferences, but I don't see anywhere in the Gmail accounts where I can enter a password. For the Dreamhost account, there is a field for password, and it is correct.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 20, 2019 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2019 8:19 AM

Lori Kozey wrote:

Mail keeps logging me out of three of my email accounts (two Gmail and one Dreamhost).

When I restart, everything is fine for a short while, but after a while they disconnect.

I've gone into Accounts in Mail preferences, but I don't see anywhere in the Gmail accounts where I can enter a password. For the Dreamhost account, there is a field for password, and it is correct.

Any ideas?

ref— If Mail on your Mac keeps asking for your password - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2019 8:19 AM in response to Lori Kozey

Lori Kozey wrote:

Any ideas?

ref— If Mail on your Mac keeps asking for your password - Apple Support

Mail username and password error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.