Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email issues again

Two of my three email accounts (MS Outlook & ProtonMail) are having issues, but only on my iMac's mail application. They are sending/receiving emails without issues on my iphone and ipad once I log in, but not on my computer using my apple email app-my passwords for both are not being recognized. However, I can log on to both email accounts in Safari (on my iMac), no issues-both passwords work.

Is my only alternative deleting both email accounts in Mail, then re-loading them all over again?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 6:25 PM

Hey there jonmertmini,

We know it’s important to have access to your mail account, and use it without any issues. We’re happy to help you.

Please complete these steps: If you can’t send email on your Mac

To help resolve receiving emails on your Mac, use the guidance here: If you can’t receive emails in Mail on Mac

Also, use the Mail Connection Doctor to help find connection issues. Follow this: Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac

Please let us know the result. We want to make sure this is resolved for you.

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2020 6:25 PM in response to jonmertmini

Hey there jonmertmini,

We know it’s important to have access to your mail account, and use it without any issues. We’re happy to help you.

Please complete these steps: If you can’t send email on your Mac

To help resolve receiving emails on your Mac, use the guidance here: If you can’t receive emails in Mail on Mac

Also, use the Mail Connection Doctor to help find connection issues. Follow this: Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac

Please let us know the result. We want to make sure this is resolved for you.

Take care!

email issues again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.