Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New password in Apple Mail preventing outgoing email

I hope someone can help resolve a frustrating issue that I am encountering in Apple Mail. I have changed my password in 2 email accounts and updated all my associated devices. I now discover that I am unable to send email from 1 of these accounts on my Mac running macOS Monterey 12.6.2 although I can send email from this account from all my other iOS devices. Bizarre. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 3:30 AM

9 replies

Jan 14, 2023 6:39 AM in response to Liz S

If and only If this pertains to a Google e-mail account

Link below regarding Application Specific Password

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?hl=en-GB

FYI - Apple also has this similar feature for using Non Native e-mail Clients ( applications ) to access iCloud e-mail accounts

Link below

Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

Jan 14, 2023 7:24 AM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks for your reply @Barney-15E. I have included a password in the outgoing server field and, until now, the settings have mirrored the other email account which still allows outgoing email. No, the account is not from my internet provider and I have not had the opportunity to test on another network. I'm wondering if it might make sense to delete the account and re-add it on the laptop.

Jan 14, 2023 2:47 PM in response to Liz S

Liz S wrote:

Thanks for your reply @Barney-15E. I have included a password in the outgoing server field and, until now, the settings have mirrored the other email account which still allows outgoing email. No, the account is not from my internet provider and I have not had the opportunity to test on another network. I'm wondering if it might make sense to delete the account and re-add it on the laptop.

That's what I would do. The above question about the ISP is most set up their email so it doesn't require an SMTP password when on their network, but it does if you connect from outside the network. So, it would work at home, but not on the road. But, not the cause in this case.

New password in Apple Mail preventing outgoing email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.