Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to SEND email using Mail app on new iMac

I have a new iMac running Mojave and am unable to SEND email using the Mail app. I am asked for the password for my apple account, and am told it isn't good even though the same password accesses everything else I try on this machine, my MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, iPad Air2, iPhone, etc. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? I am able to RECEIVE email sent to my .Mac address. Thanks, I appreciate any help you might be able to provide. - Roy

iMac 27", 10.14

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 10:35 AM

Hey, Roy.

I see that you've been unable to send email through the Mail application on your Mac. It keeps asking you for the password of your Apple ID, but you're told it isn't correct. I'm glad to help.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password -- If you recently changed the password of your Apple ID, you'll need to log out of these Apple services with your old information, then sign back in with the new.

If you can’t send emails in Mail on Mac and If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac -- These articles may also help in this unable to send email situation as well.

If this doesn't correct the problem, please describe the issue in greater detail. Include the text of any error messages you've received. The more information you provide, the better we'll be able to offer additional guidance.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2019 10:35 AM in response to Roy in NM

Hey, Roy.

I see that you've been unable to send email through the Mail application on your Mac. It keeps asking you for the password of your Apple ID, but you're told it isn't correct. I'm glad to help.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password -- If you recently changed the password of your Apple ID, you'll need to log out of these Apple services with your old information, then sign back in with the new.

If you can’t send emails in Mail on Mac and If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac -- These articles may also help in this unable to send email situation as well.

If this doesn't correct the problem, please describe the issue in greater detail. Include the text of any error messages you've received. The more information you provide, the better we'll be able to offer additional guidance.

Take care.

Unable to SEND email using Mail app on new iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.