Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad cant turn on anymore after battery drained

I have an Ipad(generation 5) for a year plus and it works fine all the time. Until yesterday I left my ipad on and I went out for dinner, by the time I came back, I suppose the battery is drained. So I recharged it with original Apple Ipad adapter and cable for 5-6 hours now. It does not turn on anymore, there is no sign of charging shows on the screen as well, but I felt a little warm behind my Ipad, so the port has no problem because electricity is running into the battery. I have tried all the ways showed here in the community, yet it still cant be turn on, anyone help me please?

Method that I have tried:

1. Long press( more than 30 second ) home and power button for force restart.
  2. trying out if the cable working fine, yes it is because my iphone can be detected and charged.
  3. Connect to Itunes on Macbook by holding home button until the itunes logo shows on the screen, no response still.

It would be great if my ipad can be revive once again. It works perfectly fine a few hours ago and it just gone like that.

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 21, 2019 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2019 3:53 AM

All I can suggest is to get an appointment at an Apple Store for an evaluation and possible battery replacement.

7 replies

Ipad cant turn on anymore after battery drained

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.