Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since buying a new Mac with Mojave I have found that my the photo colours printed on HP printer are all wrong. No software updates from HP. It seems Mojave is not supported.

I have been using HP Envy 4500 all in one printer for last couple of years. Since upgrading to a new iMac and Majove operating system my colour photos will not print properly. All the colours are odd and there is a definite red caste to the pictures. When I tried to update the printer driver via HP it seems to suggest that Mojave is not supported. What’s happening here Apple.

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 21, 2019 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2019 7:53 AM

Without current Mojave driver support, your HP Envy 4500 may not print accurate colors, and if you upgrade to macOS 10.15 this Fall — not at all.

Why not download the HP Easy Start driver from Sept 2018, that is for macOS 10.14 with the HP Envy 4500 and let it get your printer drivers current?

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 21, 2019 9:22 AM in response to D_G1414

Apple seems to make changes to ColorSync with the release of each OS. We've found with each major OS upgrade, we have to re-profile our color printers. Why do they do this? No idea.

Check the driver settings and see if you have any type of color controls that allow you to tweak overall color. If there is, use it to bring down the red cast and then save that setting for that paper type.

Since buying a new Mac with Mojave I have found that my the photo colours printed on HP printer are all wrong. No software updates from HP. It seems Mojave is not supported.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.