Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redundant "me.com" account.

For a long while now I've been harassed by this junk and attempted scams that have been coming via my old "me.com" email account address. I have never used it and never gave it out as a contact address. My iCloud address has never been given out and I don't get mail via this. As the "me.com" is an alias, due to change some time back, I'm told that it cannot be deleted. Surely its not beyond the wit of Mac/Apple techies to fix this. I know that my "me.com" address has been leaked or has been PWNED, and as much as I tried to secure my Mac with the correct security apps this is my only weakness. No matter how many times my ID is changed this will always be the weakness in my Mac security. How do I stop this please?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 21, 2019 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2019 8:43 AM

Try going to iCloud.com/Mail using a computer browser. Click the gear at the bottom left and select Rules. Then create a rule to remove the emails. Suggested sample below.

3 replies

Apr 21, 2019 8:51 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks. Yes I tried that a long while back, but on a recent occasion I received a warning saying that it had caused a loop, as what I can only assume was a bot-type email generator kept sending the same address. Not intentionally malicious, but an annoying inconvenience all the same. (The reason for me again trying to change, or preferably delete this old account).

However, I have left the 'rule' to delete such messages in my preferences as well, but still a few get through. How? I don't know?

Thanks again.

Redundant "me.com" account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.