Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes match not recognizing or uploading?

I just purchased a physical cd of a soundtrack from 2009. The cd is available in the iTunes store, but it is not recognized by iTunes match. It is not matched and it is being shown as "waiting for upload" for the past several days. How can I force it to be matched or uploaded?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 22, 2019 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2019 11:38 AM

Problem has been solved. My issue was elevated with the Apple iTunes support organization. After several diagnostic steps, I discovered that after logging out of iTunes and then logging back in, iTunes started to recognize the new album and matched to the iTunes version. I am now able to stream this album on all of my Apple devices. Thanks to the support community for the help.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2019 11:38 AM in response to turingtest2

Problem has been solved. My issue was elevated with the Apple iTunes support organization. After several diagnostic steps, I discovered that after logging out of iTunes and then logging back in, iTunes started to recognize the new album and matched to the iTunes version. I am now able to stream this album on all of my Apple devices. Thanks to the support community for the help.

Apr 23, 2019 7:34 AM in response to turingtest2

iTunes comes back with an error message to the effect that "Genius results can not be updated because the iTunes Store does not recognize my iTunes Library" and that I need to turn Genius off then turn it back on. When I attempt to do this, it only gives me the option to "update Genius" not turn it off. Updating Genius doesn't seem to do anything?

Still trying to get the album to be matched and in the iTunes cloud library.

Apr 24, 2019 6:48 AM in response to turingtest2

Hey tt2, Thank you for your help. iTunes is allowing only the command "Update icloud music library" and "update genius" as menu prompts. Selecting either of these has no impact on enabling match to take place. I tried to upload the album to my iPhone 8 and it came back with the message that "icloud music library was active" and it did not allow me to upload music to phone.

Still trying to make this work since I want to be able to stream the album on my other devices, such Apple TV, ipad, etc.

itunes match not recognizing or uploading?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.