Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Annoying pop-up

Hi all,

On my MacBook Air (and only on that device) I keep getting a pop-up that states "The page you're looking for can't be found". The pop-up has this address: https://www.apple.com/my38qzh9a/tbeb5givw.html

Is there a way to stop this from popping up?

Many thanks for any help.

Jenn

MacBook

Posted on Apr 22, 2019 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2019 9:35 AM

Hello JennMartin,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're encountering a recurring pop-up in Safari on your MacBook Air, which directs to a website with the message "The page you're looking for can't be found." You've come to the right place for help.

The following support article provides suggestions to help block pop-up ads on your Mac:

How to block pop-ups in Safari - Apple Support

You may also want to try clearing your browser history in Safari on the Mac, then test if the pop-up window returns:

Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

If you're still encountering the pop-up, does it appear after a specific action such as clicking a link, opening Safari, or something else?

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2019 9:35 AM in response to JennMartin

Hello JennMartin,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're encountering a recurring pop-up in Safari on your MacBook Air, which directs to a website with the message "The page you're looking for can't be found." You've come to the right place for help.

The following support article provides suggestions to help block pop-up ads on your Mac:

How to block pop-ups in Safari - Apple Support

You may also want to try clearing your browser history in Safari on the Mac, then test if the pop-up window returns:

Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

If you're still encountering the pop-up, does it appear after a specific action such as clicking a link, opening Safari, or something else?

Cheers!

Annoying pop-up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.