Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I hide apple TVs from the phone speaker options?

Is there any way to remove Apple TV from the speaker list on the Phone app in iOS? We are running iOS 12.2 on an iPhone X. We already tried turning off 'Allow calls on other devices'. That does not manage Apple TVs only Macs and iPads.

In the pic below, we want to keep only iPhone and Speaker as options:

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 23, 2019 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2019 7:06 AM

Thank you for your response. We have no security concerns. The reason for wanting to remove the Apple TVs from the list is to remove a step from the process. When you only have iPhone or Speaker as options, the top level audio button toggles seamlessly between one or the other. Having any additional third option adds a step in the process of switching speakers. On top of that, we would never want to output a phone call to an apple TV.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2019 7:06 AM in response to deggie

Thank you for your response. We have no security concerns. The reason for wanting to remove the Apple TVs from the list is to remove a step from the process. When you only have iPhone or Speaker as options, the top level audio button toggles seamlessly between one or the other. Having any additional third option adds a step in the process of switching speakers. On top of that, we would never want to output a phone call to an apple TV.

Apr 23, 2019 6:36 AM in response to Apples n Oranges

As far as I know Airplay is a binary choice, it is either on and able to receive or it is off. Is there a reason you need to remove them from the list?

If you can articulate that reason your best bet would be to send feedback to Apple requesting such an option here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Just so you will know having Bluetooth on or the Apple TVs shown does not use any significant amount of battery and is not a security risk.

How can I hide apple TVs from the phone speaker options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.