Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari keeps opening with rapport.secure. force.com

Past few days safari keeps opening with a page that says FAQ Thanks for downloading Rapport. Can not get rid of it. Is it malware or incompatibility issue with Mohave?( I have used Rapport Trusteer for years without any issues)Anyone know?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 23, 2019 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2019 12:29 PM

Uninstall Trusteer. It is worthless on a Mac. For more details read https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7678719

7 replies

Apr 25, 2019 3:53 AM in response to Allan Eckert

Hi,

It has stopped the problem, thanks - with the added bonus that my macbook air seems to be running faster too! However, I am still not convinced that there is not some sort of malware, because in the ASL messages there are some comments that appear very strange to me ; eg, 'you're not that important. Ignoring. The timeout key is no longer respected.It never did anything anyway. The Hopefullyexists last key no longer exists.Ignore it.Please switch away from OnDemand to KeepAlive. The HideUntilCheckin property is an architectural performance issue. Please transition away from it.Bug in libdispatch client....'etc etc Is this normal stuff to find in a Mac log??

Apr 25, 2019 9:29 AM in response to boo--boo

You can check if you  have adware/malware installed. Try downloading this program which was written by Thomas R, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After running the scans, restart the computer.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac      10.10 and later

Malwarebytes uninstall

May 1, 2019 8:02 AM in response to boo--boo

You are welcome. Programs that claim to clean a Mac should be avoided as they normally cause more harm than good. There are 2 exceptions to that advice. The programs are Malwarebytes and Etrecheck. Both were written by long time Apple Support Community members. They are often recommended by long time posters. I have used/tested both several times and they are very safe.

safari keeps opening with rapport.secure. force.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.