Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email

I received an email from supposedly Apple that said someone in Russia tried to sign into my iCloud acct. just wanted to make sure this came from Apple before I clicked on the highlighted spot to verify. The email stated my iCloud had been temporarily disabled and if I did not respond in 24 hrs it would permanently disabled.

Dear ****,

Your AppIe ID (****) was used to sign in to iCloud via a web browser.

Date and Time : Tuesday, April 23, 2019

IP Address : 87.225.105.33

Your Account has been temporarily disabled for security reason.

When you see this alerts, you can go to Verification Formto unlock your account with your password.

Your account will permanently disabled if you do not verify your account under 24 hours.

Sincerely,

Apple ID

Support | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2019 All Rights Reserved 

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 23, 2019 2:27 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 28, 2019 7:12 AM in response to deborra34

Yes - it’s definitely a scam!! I thought it was legit so I clicked on “iApp Support” and logged in. From there, a form pops up, asking for my Name, Date of Birth, Address, Social Security Number!! And all fields are required to be populated! I stopped immediately and saw other forums where Apple does not ask for SSN. I went back to the “iApp Support” page from the original email, and noticed that no icons or link on the page works except for entering your iCloud username and password; then populating the form once you’re in.

Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.