You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found Apple Watch

How can I find the owner of an Apple series 4 watch I just found on the road? Is there anyway to get inside if the watch to find their email address?

Posted on Apr 23, 2019 4:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2019 2:45 AM

If you really want to go the extra mile for maximum karma there are two steps I would suggest:

1. Charge the Apple Watch on a charger (if you know anybody with one, or just at the Apple store) to see if it still turns on. The owner may have had the wherewithall to put it in "Lost Mode" with a contact phone number.

2. Disconnect the bands and read the serial number from inside where the bands attach to the Apple Watch, then write this serial number down on a sticky note and include that when you turn it into the nearest police station so they can be sure to log it in correctly. They won't likely know where to find the serial number.

Fun Fact! Some police stations will legally turn over lost items to the person who found them in 3-12 months, but a locked Apple Watch has no use at all other than to be recycled so there would be no point in doing that paperwork to register as the 'Finder'.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 25, 2019 2:45 AM in response to JH1234

If you really want to go the extra mile for maximum karma there are two steps I would suggest:

1. Charge the Apple Watch on a charger (if you know anybody with one, or just at the Apple store) to see if it still turns on. The owner may have had the wherewithall to put it in "Lost Mode" with a contact phone number.

2. Disconnect the bands and read the serial number from inside where the bands attach to the Apple Watch, then write this serial number down on a sticky note and include that when you turn it into the nearest police station so they can be sure to log it in correctly. They won't likely know where to find the serial number.

Fun Fact! Some police stations will legally turn over lost items to the person who found them in 3-12 months, but a locked Apple Watch has no use at all other than to be recycled so there would be no point in doing that paperwork to register as the 'Finder'.

Found Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.