Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About audio output

If output is made as Auto,Atmos enabled ,no problem if the source is atmos.But if the source is not atmos then it is seen as if it it is Pcm although it is 5.1,I have to make it Dolby digital 5.1 from the menu manually.After making so,I can listen as Dolby digital 5.1 films.

But when comes an atmos film I have to make atmos enabled from the menu again.I have to listen dolby atmos and PCM or I have to listen 5.1 everything without changing.

How can I correct this,or can you make an update for auto change btw atmos and 5.1. Thank you

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 12

Posted on Apr 25, 2019 2:06 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

Apr 25, 2019 10:27 PM in response to drercu

They are two separate options, and you would need to switch between them just as you have been and referred to doing so in your original post. Something within your receiver is causing it to downgrade when the content isn’t in Atmos and you would need to consult support for your receiver. I do vigorous testing for the forum and can attest it works just fine. There also isn’t much in the way of reporting from other users with similar issues.

About audio output

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.