Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when you get a new phone do the apps you previously paid for transfer to the new phone without purchasing again?

im wondering if i purchase an app when i know im going to get a new iphone soon does it matter? will i have to repurchase it once i get a new phone?

Posted on Apr 25, 2019 11:49 PM

6 replies

Apr 26, 2019 3:28 AM in response to arielle_barrios

There is not need of worries about transferring the paid apps to the newer iPhone because whenever you purchase a app its registered to your apple id. There are two ways of transferring apps from old iPhone to new iPhone:

1. Sign in from same apple id that you were using on old iPhone. Go to the apple store and download apps that you already paid for, it will give you an option of restore purchase. There you can restore your purchase (which is 100% free) and download the app again.
  2. Backup your old iPhone using either iCloud or iTunes (I use iTunes as it takes few minutes to completely backup my iPhone). On your new iPhone just simply restore your iPhone from the backup the you have previously taken. It will bring each and every app that you had on your old iPhone to your newer iPhone (Free as well as Paid).
  3. Enjoy . .

when you get a new phone do the apps you previously paid for transfer to the new phone without purchasing again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.