do i have to pay again to transfer an app?

I have a paid app on my ipad which I want to transfer to my new ipad.

Do I need to pay for it again ?

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 3:18 PM

All Apps that you purchase are forever tied to the AppleID account from which they are purchased.

Apps that remain available - and are compatible with the target device - can be freely downloaded to other devices that are signed-in to iCloud and the App Store with the same AppleID without having to pay again.

If you use a different AppleID, purchased Apps and services will not be directly available to the different account. However, using Family Sharing, it may be possible to share purchased items with up to five other AppleIDs.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2023 3:18 PM in response to ziv243

All Apps that you purchase are forever tied to the AppleID account from which they are purchased.

Apps that remain available - and are compatible with the target device - can be freely downloaded to other devices that are signed-in to iCloud and the App Store with the same AppleID without having to pay again.

If you use a different AppleID, purchased Apps and services will not be directly available to the different account. However, using Family Sharing, it may be possible to share purchased items with up to five other AppleIDs.

do i have to pay again to transfer an app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.