Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep emails on my phone even after Outlook remove them from the web

Up until 4/24 I was able to keep emails on my phone even after Outlook removed them from the web. Now as soon as they are removed, my emails on my phone vanish. I think my email was using a POP setting but was changed to IMAP by a tech. My phone automatically sets up IMAP when I try to set up an email account.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 11:32 AM

That sounds like your phone was switched from POP to IMAP. You will need to delete the account, then add it back as a POP account. That's a little tricky; here are some instructions-->Forcing creation of a POP or IMAP email a… - Apple Community

4 replies

Keep emails on my phone even after Outlook remove them from the web

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.