Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpod automatic ear detection not responding

Airpod ear detection not responding even when the option is selected. I've tried disconnecting and connecting to my iphone several times without success. Is there a fix?

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2019 2:33 PM

Hello sss1963,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that your AirPods are not properly responding to Automatic Ear Detection as expected; I'd like to help.

You can see how to enable and disable Automatic Ear Detection here:

Adjust the settings of your AirPods

Specifically, in the section labeled "Turn Automatic Ear Detection on or off"

If you find that this is feature is already enabled, disable it for a few moments then enable it again to see if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2019 2:33 PM in response to sss1963

Hello sss1963,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that your AirPods are not properly responding to Automatic Ear Detection as expected; I'd like to help.

You can see how to enable and disable Automatic Ear Detection here:

Adjust the settings of your AirPods

Specifically, in the section labeled "Turn Automatic Ear Detection on or off"

If you find that this is feature is already enabled, disable it for a few moments then enable it again to see if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Airpod automatic ear detection not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.