Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email of a fraudulant purchase from APPLE

I just got an email INVOICE PAYMENT RECEIPT PURCHASE APRIL 26,2019 IT HAD A FILE TO CLICK ON AND THAT SHOWED TWO ULTIMATE ROBOT FIGHTING GAMES WERE BOUGHT FOR 29.99 AND 49.99 EACH TOTAL $70.47. IT IS BILLED TO JOHN TILLEY 310 WASHINGTON BLVD UNIT 804 MARINA DEL RAY, CA 90292 DOCUMENT NO 2659834041279 ORDER NO RTX2081T116 ON WHAT LOOKS OFFICIAL FROM APPLE BUT THE EMAIL WAS FROM o1cnh9291x@coxcoxcast.biz I DID NOT BUY ANY SUCH GAMES AND DO NOT WANT THESE GAMES ON MY ACCOUNT. NOW LOOKING AT THE EMAIL I AM SURE THEY GOT MY PASSWORD SINCE I TRIED TO GET INTO APPLE ACCOUNT AND DID USE MY PASSWORD AND USERNAME. WHEN I DID THAT IT WANTED MY BIRTHDATE AND SOCIAL SECURITY # WHICH I DID NOT GIVE AND KNEW THEN IT WAS BOGUS. I NEED TO CHANGE MY PASS WORD AND HAVE APPLE KNOW THIS OCCURRED AND WANT A WATCH ON MY ACCOUNT TO MAKE SURE NOTHING IS CHARGED TO ME FROM APPLE FOR THESE GAMES.

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 3:45 PM

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message, as an attachment to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2019 3:45 PM in response to sandie115

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message, as an attachment to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Email of a fraudulant purchase from APPLE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.