Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Family Sharing Broken (w/ last update)

I am a family group organizer, with family Music plan and full paid subscription.

As of two days ago, my family members are unable to access Music. Mine works fine.

Under “Family Sharing -> Shared Features” - Apple Music is now listed as “Off”. I did not turn it off, and there is no way to turn it on. When menu is selected to change it, it offers “Go to Apple Music” or “Not Now”. The Go to Apple Music option takes you yo a splash screen which says “you are already subscribed”.

This does NOT turn the Shared Features for Music “On”.

To reiterate, no one made any changes to their settings, and we have had a full monthly subscription for a year now. Please help.

Posted on Apr 26, 2019 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 9:28 AM

After 3 hours on chat/phone with Apple Support and 3 different technical support levels, I seemed to get this fixed.Whilst going through all the various settings with the tech support, I noticed that under Settings>Apple ID>Family Sharing, when clicking on my name under the people listed under Family Members (Organiser), the account email address was my wife’s- it should have been mine. Once it was changed back to my Apple ID, Apple Music under Shared Features changed to ON. All of us then needed to go to Settings>Music and make sure iCloud Music Library was on. Both family members then had their Music playlists restored.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2019 9:28 AM in response to Lemmmer

After 3 hours on chat/phone with Apple Support and 3 different technical support levels, I seemed to get this fixed.Whilst going through all the various settings with the tech support, I noticed that under Settings>Apple ID>Family Sharing, when clicking on my name under the people listed under Family Members (Organiser), the account email address was my wife’s- it should have been mine. Once it was changed back to my Apple ID, Apple Music under Shared Features changed to ON. All of us then needed to go to Settings>Music and make sure iCloud Music Library was on. Both family members then had their Music playlists restored.

Apr 27, 2019 3:00 PM in response to Lemmmer

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Lemmmer,

I see that you're having an issue with your Family Sharing account and sharing music. I use Family Sharing and music on my devices daily, so I understand your concern, and I'd be glad to help.

Let's start by checking to make sure that it shows your Apple Music subscription as being active as a family membership and not an individual. The following article will guide you through checking on that, if needed. Also, if you restart your device does the issue remain? Are the other members of the Family Sharing group able to see and access other shared features?

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions

You also mentioned in your post that this happened after the last update. Are all the devices in the Family Sharing group using the same version of software?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Apple Music Family Sharing Broken (w/ last update)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.