Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.9.4.102 - file names not updating

Hello,

Since upgrading to v12.9.4.102, I have noticed a major issue which I cannot find anything to overcome and hope someone here can help.

I rip both my music and audio books from CD to iTunes. I then edit the tracks to suit my own naming/sorting conventions. Up until v12.9.4.102, the physical file names are altered as I edit the iTunes Info.

For example a audiobook file would normally be named in the format {disk number}-{track number} {track name}.{file extension} e.g 1-01 The Hobbit Chapter One.mp3

Since the update to v12.9.4.102, the file names are not altering. This gives me lots of files called the same thing - all with no way to see what they actually are e.g. 1-02 Opening Titles - The Hobbit - Part 1 - It .mp3 for the same track used in my expected example.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this file naming feature to work again?

Thanks.

Posted on Apr 27, 2019 3:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2019 1:10 PM

Check under Edit > Preferences > Advanced the Keep iTunes Media folder organized is enabled. Toggle off and on again to see what happens. Any outstanding path edits should take place automatically. If they don't try Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows - Apple Community, then try again.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies

iTunes 12.9.4.102 - file names not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.