Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I turned on Voice Over and can not turn it off

I turned on Voice Over and can not turn it off because my iphone does not let me enter my passcode.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 27, 2019 12:52 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2019 3:44 PM in response to APPLE2019VMV

This happened to me, recently, too, on my iPad, when I turned on Voice Over for the first time before going thru the necessary Practice, first, to learn the program’s unique, specific gestures.

Once you’re in Voice Over, normal gestures won’t work anymore. So, to sign-in, you’ll have to use special Voice Over gestures.

First, to move where you want to go, you’ll swipe right, swipe right and swipe right ‘till you’re where you want to select. Voice Over will say out loud the name of where you are, as you navigate.

Then, arriving at your destination, you tap to make your selection. When signing in, this means the first number in your sign-in code will highlight. That’s good!

Then, you double tap the highlighted number which selects it. It’ll be one number at-a-time, and you’ll see the characteristic asterisks indicating you’d entered each number, as you go.

Follow the same ‘till all the numbers for your passcode are entered.

Once you’ve signed back in, you can use Siri to ask her to turn it off or use the triple tap shortcut (home button for some models). However, I found the triple tap didn’t work for me, as I didn’t have it set up, first, under Accessibility Shortcuts.

Here’s a link that might help: https://support.apple.com/guide/ipad/turn-on-and-practice-voiceover-ipad9a246898/12.0/ios/12.0

I turned on Voice Over and can not turn it off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.