Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Account...

I have 3 children that each have their own Apple Music account - I would like to just merge everyone together under one family account. I just created an account for myself as well, how do I go about doing that so that no one loses their songs/playlists they’ve already created?

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 7:11 AM

It is designed so that everyone gets to keep their own iCloud Music Library and playlists, when you share the Family subscription.

First set up Family Sharing. This defines the sharing group. One person in the group is the formal Organizer. The organizer adds Apple IDs to the group, which sends out invitations.

The organizer gets the Apple Music Family subscription. The existing subscriptions of the other group members will expire automatically (at the end of their current period). The other group members do not subscribe to the family subscription, but get access to the service by being part of the group.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2019 7:11 AM in response to Karen0372brown

It is designed so that everyone gets to keep their own iCloud Music Library and playlists, when you share the Family subscription.

First set up Family Sharing. This defines the sharing group. One person in the group is the formal Organizer. The organizer adds Apple IDs to the group, which sends out invitations.

The organizer gets the Apple Music Family subscription. The existing subscriptions of the other group members will expire automatically (at the end of their current period). The other group members do not subscribe to the family subscription, but get access to the service by being part of the group.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

Family Account...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.