Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP!! Mac OS Snow Leopard Failed Installation: The Installer could not copy the necessary support files

Hi There!

So I have a Late 2007 MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz 1Gb RAM.

I have downloaded a copy of Mac OS X Snow Leopard I've put in on a pendrive using Transmac.

I've tried installing Snow Leopard but after a few minutes it always comes up with this error: The Installer could not copy the necessary support files.

I've tried everything to fix it: erase the drive before trying to install I've checked the ram in system profiler and it says that they are OK, I've tried unselecting everything but it didn't work Please Help!!!

PS.

I have looked into to the Log and it said that It 'couldn't verify BaseSystem.pkg

MacBook

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2019 12:15 PM

There isn't a legal download for Snow Leopard. You may be using a bad installer. Purchase the Apple disks for the proper Snow Leopard installer.

Snow Leopard Purchase     

Similar questions

1 reply

HELP!! Mac OS Snow Leopard Failed Installation: The Installer could not copy the necessary support files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.